The CloudFiles analytics section is your gateway to know your file engagement metrics. The metrics available in the CloudFiles analytics section are: Total Views | Unique Views | Downloads | Total Time. In this article we will discuss how to access the CloudFiles analytics section, the various sections available in the CloudFiles analytics section and briefly discuss the metrics available inside CloudFiles.
Accessing analytics section
Let's start first with accessing the analytics section in your CloudFiles account.
To access the analytics section in the CloudFiles native app, click on any link from the CloudFiles content library then choose analytics. This will take you to the analytics screen.
To access the analytics section in the CloudFiles HubSpot app, click the link from the CloudFiles widget on any HubSpot record, then click on actions > analytics.
To access the analytics section in the CloudFiles Salesforce app, go to the CloudFiles LWC where it is installed, find the file whose analytics is to be seen and then click on the analytics button. This will take you to the analytics section.
Now, let's check out the analytics section in detail
Sample analytics screen in CloudFiles native app. You will find all the relevant metrics about your link here. The details can be exported using the export button to an excel file.
Sample analytics screen in CloudFiles' HubSpot integration.
Sample analytics screen in CloudFiles' Salesforce integration. The analytics can be exported using the export analytics button at the top.
Details of analytics
- Total Views : Total Views shows the total number of views, including multiple views by the same contact. So every time a view session takes place on your document, the total views counter increases by 1.
- Unique Views : Unique views are those views accessed through different email/device but counted once. When the document is viewed for the first time on a device it's count would increase.
- If the document is opened again using the same email/device, the unique views would not increase.
- If the document is opened using a different email/device, the unique view would increase.
- This is useful in tracking the misuse of your document by unlawful sharing.
- Downloads : This tracks the total number of times your document has been downloaded
- Total Time : This is the aggregate of all the individual "time spent" on your document.
- Email ID: If you have enabled email required, your file viewers will have to enter their email ID and this will show up in the analytics.
- Location: CloudFiles associates activity of every session with the location where the file was viewed.
When you open the analytics section of any link, you get the aggregate views number. However, if you click on any email account in the analytics section you will get the views (both total & Unique Views) only from that specific account.