CloudFiles allows you to track URLs & link clicks on your blogs / articles along with your shared documents, so now you can track your entire digital real estate from one place.
In this article we show how to import a link in CloudFiles content library and then convert it to a secure & trackable CloudFiles link through which you can track website visits.
Step 1: Import a link
In the Upload dialog, click on the URL tab. Here, you have to enter the url of the your webpage and give any custom name to it. Next click on Upload.
Step 2: Creating a custom url
Now, you can create multiple CloudFiles' URLs for your webpage. Click on Create Link, and fill the name for your custom url. You can track clicks and website visits on each of these links, thus making all your digital assets trackable.
Step 3: Configure link settings
You can set a number of security settings on your created links and start tracking link clicks and website visits using the various link settings provided by CloudFiles. Here's a small set of features.
- Online/ Offline status of the url: Clicking this button allows you to set the status of the link. If the status is Online your recipients will be able to see the link. In the offline status, the recipient will see a File Not Found page. To learn more about this in brief, check Link Online/ Offline Status.
- Set an expiry date for your url, based on a date or number of views: Setting the link expiry will leave you worry free from manually setting the file status later as offline. To get acquainted in detail about this in brief, check expiry settings.
- Set email authentication requirement: Here setting the email authentication will improve the security of your file and ensure that your file can be seen only by your authorized recipients. To set it, simply enter the email ids that you wish to share your links with. Check this help article on email authentication to know more.
- Link Re-direction: Sometimes, you may not want to track time on your links. Other times, iframing the link may make the webpage not display properly. In such cases, you can simply set the link to re-direct. All your security & click tracking would still work.
When you are dealing with tons of links, it becomes important to manage it properly. To learn the best practices of managing links in CloudFiles, check this article to help you in organizing links in CloudFiles content library
1) Only iframable urls can be tracked for their activities. Non-iframable urls do not support this functionality. Speak to us